Friday, June 27, 2014

Newbery Award Winners checklist - free printable

The Newbery medal is given out annually by the American Library Association.  The medal is awarded annually for the most distinguished children's book published the previous year.  (This is the award that is generally for older readers. The book usually has chapters and not so many pictures.) The first award was given in 1922.  I looked through the list and found I read a hand full of books that had won the award. I took the list and made it into a checklist.  I thought it might be fun to check off all the ones I'd read and all the ones that look good to read (um are historical in nature).  Currently, I am in the middle of Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham, the winner in 1956 and enjoying it.

To find Newbery Award and Newbery Honor books (those are the runners up) that I've reviewed here at History Magpie just put in "Newbery Award" in the search bar ----->

You can find the free, printable pdf file at my Teachers Pay Teachers store or on Google Drive

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment